Today's Public School System?!?

I'm finding myself getting more and more frustrated with the public school system. Now granted I work for our district as a Nutritional Service Aide, but this as granted me access to really see the inside works of the schools. I've made sure to be active in my children's school because I want to know what's going on in my children's lives.

One of the things I can say is SCREW this Common Core B.S. Bring back common sense. I understand that it can be important for some students to know where the numbers come from and how to turn a multiplication into an addition problem for easier solving. However it takes twice the amount of time to get the same answer. I know it's not only me who is frustrated a lot of the teacher's at my children's schools are frustrated as well. They see the kids struggling to understand but all they get told is keep pushing, hurry get through this lesson. It really is making me think that maybe I need to go back to homeschooling my kiddo's.

This is more of a Rant than anything but why can't we just get back to common sense. I could be wrong for thinking this and some people may disagree with me and that's okay. So here is my big questions and any teachers or anyone else who wishes to comment I would look forward to the input.

1. Whats the point really?
2. Do you find it more beneficial for the kiddo's or do you see them struggle more?
3. Why the rush to push the kid's through the school?

IS there any advice out there for or from parents who are have or going through the same thing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

The Struggle is real as a parent