What a Flu Season!

WOW this seems like it's been a really tough year for the flu. I'm noticing a lot of stories of people affected by the flu. Recently my youngest came down with some type of virus however not the flu and she was miserable for 7 days. However many in her school have tested positive for the flu and my heart goes out to all those who have been affect.

I know you've heard it several times but Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. I know it's a pain and sometimes it's hard to remember to stop and wash but it really is important to help stop the spread of virus'.

Here is some tips from the CDC to help prevent getting the flu.

  • Get Vaccinated - Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations. (I'm not sure I fully agree with this. I am one of those weird types that when I get the vaccine I end up getting the flu much worse but I am in my 30's. I do agree with this statement for younger children and the elderly)
  • Use Preventative action everyday -Doing things like avoiding sick people. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, washing hands ect. 
  • Take Anti-Viral drugs if your doctor prescribes them. If you can get them within the first 2 days of getting sick you have a higher chance of getting better sooner and possibly avoiding a hospital visit.
For more information you can check out the CDC post here. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/consumer/prevention.htm

As a parent and someone who works in the school system I cannot urge you enough to please DO NOT send your kids to school if they are sick! Please wait at least 24 hours after a fever break to ensure kids are better before returning them to school. I know that it can be hard to take off work and in today's society a lot of business' don't allow for family time like they used to. Consider this though,

1. Are your kids more important than your job. ( I hope your answer is yes, if it isn't I would really sit back and consider your priorities. )

2. If your job won't allow you take off because of your kids are sick are they who you really want to be working for?


So with all that being said, try to stay healthy out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's Public School System?!?

Welcome to my blog!

The Struggle is real as a parent