I love essential Oils but that doesn't mean my pets do!

So although many of us LOVE our essential oils as a great way to keep the house smelling good but also provide a natural way to help control that which ails us it could have a negative effect on our animals.  There are many oils the are toxic to both cats and dogs. The ASPCA has put out a notice about using essential oils and their affects and snopes as confirmed that it is true that essential oils can have a terrible affect on our animals and can even cause death. So I have found a list of the most  common oils that are toxic to our Cats and Dogs.

For dogs:
  • Clove
  • Garlic
  • Juniper
  • Rosemary
  • Tea Tree
  • Thyme
  • Wintergreen

 For cats
  • Cassia
  • Cinnamon
  • Citrus
  • Clove
  • Eucalyptus
  • Lemon
  • Lavender
  • Peppermint
  • Spruce
  • Tea Tree
  • Thyme
Adverse reactions to oils include squinting, excessive drooling, scratching, increased breathing rate and lethargy.
 The ASPCA recommends that if you are using a diffuser to remove your pet from that room while you are using it  As a person who both promotes essential oils and loves my animals I feel it is my duty to ensure you are informed in these matters.

Snopes Article
ASPCA Article

Here is an attached Image of one person who had issue with Essential Oils. (I Do not know who originally posted this but once I know I'll post credit to them.)


 Please use your essential oils carefully!
 
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's Public School System?!?

Welcome to my blog!

The Struggle is real as a parent